Event Details, Rules and Regulations
To ensure the safety of everyone involved we will be implementing certain procedures until further notice.
• The Driver’s meeting will be held in the Upper Paddock area (outside of the regular classroom steps) to comply with current regulations, using a PA System.
• The Meeting will also be broadcast via our FM-Transmitter on 100.9MHz, so that drivers can listen from inside their car, or via a FM capable cell phone, portable radio etc.
• Attendance at the Driver’s Meeting is mandatory, so please be sure to arrive at the Track prior to 8:30am, allowing time to also ready your car etc.
• Registration at CTMP will be at the Registration Building by the Front Gate. Registration will be closed between 8:30am and 9:00am, as will be access to the Track during that period.
• Driver Instruction will be provide via Cell Phones with the Instructor in a following Car. Please insure to bring wired earbud headphones, which you can plug into your phone, if you wish to receive Driving Instruction or have not been signed off by the Chief Instructor for Solo.
• Lunch will be provided by Speed Therapy as usual, but with a twist in that it will be served as a drive-thru service.
• While, it would be preferred that no Driver’s have Passengers in their car, a passenger from the same household is allowed. The Event Organiser reserves the right to request that ID’s be presented to verify this.
• CTMP provides ample Paddock areas, and we request that participants situate themselves on arrival at CTMP in order to maintain adequate distancing from each other.
• The sharing of Helmets is not allowed. All Helmets must meet SA SNELL2005 or above. Speed Therapy will no longer be providing loaner Helmets.
• Bottled water will be available, although we suggest everyone brings their own.
Session Run Groups:
This run group is designed for drivers requiring instruction, looking to be signed off by a Speed Therapy Instructor, or speeds are consistent with others in this group. Instructors are provided free of charge by Speed Therapy.
This group is designed for drivers with previous driving experience at the venue and have been signed off by the Speed Therapy Chief Instructor. Drive with other experienced drivers. Speeds should be consistent with the rest of the run group.
This is a restricted run group designed for advanced drivers, many of whom hold valid Race Drivers. Passing is open, unless otherwise specified during the mandatory Drivers Meeting. Each driver must be signed off by the Chief Instructor for the Event.
Please note that it is each Registrants obligation to understand and comply with the rules as outlined.
Any failure of drivers to obey the rules-of-the-day will at minimum be sent back for instruction in “B” group or in much rarer circumstances be banned from participating in the Event (no refund will be offered in such situations). We take safety very seriously.
Sessions are 20min each, starting at 9:00am. Specific details or changes for the Day are provided during the Drivers Meeting held at 8am on each day of the event. It is mandatory for all drivers to attend the Drivers Meeting. Failure to do so may invalidate participation in the event without refund.
The Organisers may at their discretion combine Session Groups if vehicle numbers are limited in any particular group. In such cases, Session times typically are adjusted to 30 minutes each. Additionally, on occasion the organisers may chose, again at their discretion to run Open Sessions under the traffic control of the “Pit Out” Marshall.
Lunch will be provided, unless otherwise noted during Registration for an Event.
Prior to attending any Event, please familiarise yourself with the Passing Zones and Marshall Flags linked below. Any changes to these, will be specified during the day of the Event at the mandatory 8:15 a.m. Drivers Meeting.
- Limited entries will be accepted to allow maximum track time.
- If you are interested in participating in any of these events, or all of the events, please use the Speed Shop on this site for Registration and Payment. Please be forewarned that incomplete forms will not be considered.
- You can register right away for all of the driving events or just to one of them.
- If you wish to cancel your participation, we must receive your cancellation 30 days before the event takes place. Cancellation must be approved by organizers before it takes effect. 30 days before the event there is no cancellation fee, within 30 days will incur a cancellation fee.
- We don’t take reservations, only fully paid registrations are valid.
- Track time sharing and place reselling are forbidden. No exception to this.
- We welcome all drivers from beginners to professionals. There is a place for everyone.
- We accept no registered race cars unless you possess a valid racing license and/or an Event Instructor signs off that you can drive it in a safe manner.
- Convertible cars have to be equipped by at least a safety roll-bar. See specifics below.
- You need to wear a helmet at all times on the track. Don’t forget to bring your own helmet. Minimum standard for helmet: SA Snell2005.
- Spectators will have to sign a liability release form. No other spectators in the pits than your Invited guests. You will be responsible for their behaviour and actions.
- Minors will not be accepted on the track or in the pits at any time
- You will have to certify that your car is in good condition for the track and you will be required to sign a separate liability waiver form as you access the facility gate.
- We strongly encourage you visit your local dealer to inspect your car and to prepare for the track day. We also suggest changing your brake fluid prior to these events.
- The event will take place even under rain or snow. Please have the appropriate rain tires available for your car. Slick tires will not be accepted on a wet track.
- Drivers must register and sign a liability release form at the registration area prior to entering the track facility.
- Drivers must attend the scheduled mandatory driver’s briefing about the rules on the track.
- Seat belts must be worn at all times
- Pit lane speed is limited to 15 km/h (strictly enforced)
- Organizers reserve the right to prevent anyone from accessing the track facility and lapping on the track.
- Organizers reserve the right to exclude any driver for any reason before and during the event.
- You are free to contract any sponsorship on your car or Automobile Association for this event. There is no return of any kind to provide to the Organizers.
To register, you must be 18 years or older and hold a valid driving license with at least 2 years of driving experience. We accept instructors or drivers with a racing license, all Session “B” cars must have two seats of the same type, a dashboard, and equivalent seatbelts/harnesses for both driver and passenger.
Race cars are only accepted in the advanced and Instructor groups. All participants must certify that proper technical inspection was done on their cars.
Convertible cars will only be allowed with proper anti-roll bar protection. Some factory Installed roll-bar systems are accepted (SRT-10, Honda S2000, Porsche Boxter), Convertible variants of such cars as the Miata, Porsche 911, BMW M3 will not be accepted unless equipped with an after-market Race certified roll-cage. Should you need more information regarding convertible cars please don’t hesitate to contact us.
We reserves the right to refuse access to any car deemed unfit for track use.
Any driver and-or vehicle requiring two tows during a single track day, will forfeit any further track access for that day.
The use of Alcohol or Drugs is strictly prohibited at Speed Therapy events whether a Participant, Crew Member or Guest. Anyone that does not comply will be required to leave the premises immediately. Given that is is up to each Participant to take responsibility for their Crew or Guests, they will also be asked to leave, and may also receive a temporary or permanent ban from any future events at the discretion of the Speed Therapy Organisers. No refunds will be offered in such situations.
SA Snell2005 (and up) helmets are required.
This event is not a racing event. Data Logging is allowed for off-track purposes only.
If you have doubts about the acceptability of your car, call the Organizers. DO NOT bring your car to the track and try to plead your case. If you do and your car is determined to be unacceptable, then you will not be allowed to run and your registration fee will not be refunded.